P-BX One-Trip Equalising Plug Assembly
The PTP P-BX One-Trip Equalising Plug is a plugging device designed to seal off pressure from above and below. The P-BX Plug is designed with an internal Equalising Sleeve Feature to prevent pressure traps and allow for easy run-in and retrieval. The incorporation of the equalising sleeve allows for the plug to be run and retrieved in a single trip, with the sleeve being actuated by shifting prongs assembled to the Running and/or Pulling tools.
The Plug is run in hole with the sleeve in the open position allowing for a fluid bypass area and allowing faster run- in time. The P-BX plug will locate in the relevant landing nipple by either the use of a positive no-go shoulder, or a selective key configuration. This prevents downward movement, allowing the locking dogs to expand into the locking profile of the landing nipple.
The P-BX Two-Trip Equalising Plug Assembly is supplied with rated working pressures up to 10,000 Psi (690 bar) and are available in premium materials to suit virtually any well conditions upon request.
Benefits & Features:
- Single trip design to reduce operational costs.
- Locking mechanism is located above the sealing elements.
- Run and Retrieved on industry standard running and pulling tools.
- All PTP P-BX Plugs are good for H2S – CO2 service at 300°
- Lock Mandrel and Running Tool are designed to be compatible with industry standard wireline equipment and running procedures.